Sunday, January 16, 2022

Kennidy's Journal MCOM Week 2

Today I am reflecting on the fact that I have been home from my mission for just about 6 months! I returned back from Chile on July 28th, 2021. This blows my mind because it seriously feels like just yesterday that I was walking off of that plane and coming down the escalator to a crowd full of people that I love. They had signs, posters, and the biggest smiles. As soon as I saw my mom and embraced her, my eyes filled with tears and I couldn't believe I was finally in her arms. It was so surreal to be back with my siblings and lifelong friends. It took some encouragement from my siblings to take off my mask. I had been trained to keep it on in all public places because if I didn't in Chile the police would come and ask us to put in on and make sure that it completely covered our faces. After a chant of "CHI CHI CHI, LE LE LE, VIVA CHILE" and some hugging pictures, we walked to the car and went to grab some In-N-Out (A California classic). I walked into the restaurant and sat down with my sister and best friend Madison Frost. We ordered and got chatting. I slowly started to feel so weird. Here I was completely relaxing and eating yummy fast food, not doing anything crazy productive to help others in the middle of the day. It was different. I wasn’t used to it. The past few months though I have gotten used to it. But the goal is not to get too used to it–I still need to stay out of my comfort zone and look upwards and outwards. 



No comments: