Saturday, January 8, 2022

Kennidy's Journal through MCOM Week 1

My "DTR" with Writing  

 The process of putting impactful words on a page, that phenomenon that they call writing, has always impressed me. I approach writing assignments usually with the classic resent that a student feels upon receiving another lengthy homework assignment. That resent leads to procrastination, which leads to an even greater mental block. But once the deadline
finally starts to stress you out enough to start, you sit down, stop distractions, and begin writing. Rapidly, ideas usually enter my head and I realize that there really is something powerful that I wanted to say. No, it doesn’t fall onto the page perfectly, but an idea begins to come across.
 I am really starting to prove a point.

 

I love the feeling when one of your good ideas connects to the other and you can illustrate the desired topic in an interesting way. Upon completion, you never really feel like the writing assignment is perfect, but at one point you must turn it in. In my case, I often never read that poem, essay, or research paper again. But on the rare case that my conversations coincide with topics that I have spent hours learning about then craftily portraying in an essay come, I go back. I read them again, and wow isn’t that the most rewarding moment. 






1 comment:

Kriss said...

You are gifted with connecting words on paper and verbal.