Sunday, January 23, 2022

Thoughts on the book "What Got You Here Won't Get You There" MCOM Week 3


Since college and high school started, I feel like my leisurely reading completely stopped. I was instantly was inundated with textbooks and homework assignments. That content started to be the only content I consumed. Well that is the only "non-religious content". I still continued to make time for scripture study. 

But this semester in MCOM I have been able to start reading two books and I appreciate that they are not text books! The book "What Got You Here Won't Get You There" started to touch on some interesting topics. The first topic depicted people who have a special ability to know where they are and where they are going. They are so grounded in who they are that we feel secure around them. The examples in the book had incredible talents and skills that made them Uber successful, but it mentioned that they had seemed to loose this source of "center". 

I definitely would love to continue to become the type of person who is very grounded and knows without a doubt who I am. I would say that I am slowly becoming this person who does not change with the tides on how I act and who I stand for. I want to be someone who is crazy driven but dependable. It sounds like consistency and dependability are qualities that make you that grounded person. 

No comments: